Our History

OUR HISTORY
 
     Lamb of God Lutheran Church of the Missouri Synod at Lake Havasu City, AZ., was founded on Saturday February 21 1998. We worshipped at the Aquatic Community Center with 13 members attending. Our mission church was blessed with three pastors, who preached at their own churches on Sundays. The pastors were; Ron Ewell from Parker, AZ., John Jaster from Kingman, AZ., and retired pastor Harold Kallio, a member of our congregation. Next we rented The Grace Episcopal Church, Saturday September 5, 1998, till December 1999. Beginning December 5, 1999 we were able to rent The Board of Realtors Building at 2293 Swanson Ave., and for the first time we were able to have Sunday services.  November 10, 2002 the ground-breaking ceremony on our five-acre plus lot, located at 2791 Inca Dr., was the beginning of a 7400 square foot worship and fellowship facility. The Nave seats 220 for worship services.  At the present time we have 133 members, 32 associate members, plus winter visitors.  Winter months attendance for 2017 reached 100 for the Saturday evening service (5:30 p.m.) and 180 for the Sunday morning service (9:00 a.m.).  Pastoral Deacon Dennis Froemming served as our congregation as our Vacancy Minister of the Word of God pending the arrival of Pastor Andrew Cave who was installed as Pastor in August or 2016.
     It's been a blessing to have the services of Pastor Harold Kallio (retired), Pastor Jim Wuebben (retired), Pastor Doug Bock, Deacon Dennis Froemming, and Deacon Jo Tinsley serving our congregation in assistance to Pastor Cave.

     Pastors having served Lamb of God:  Pastor Ron Ewell, Pastor John Jaster, Pastor Harold Kallio, Pastoral Deacon Dennis Froemming, Pastor Doug Bock, and Pastor Ron Hofmann.

CHURCH HISTORY
 
        The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod traces its origin to 750 Saxon immigrants who came to Missouri in 1839 seeking freedom from religious rationalism in Germany.  Under the leadership of a young pastor named C.F.W. Walther, these German immigrants joined together with a number of pastors sent to America by Wilhelm Loehe in Bavaria to form The German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio, and other States.  The first convention of the new synod was held in Chicago on April 25-May 6, 1847. Twelve pastors, with their congregations, adopted the constitution, and 10 other pastors added their signatures as advisory members, since their congregations had not yet voted to join.  Of these 22 pastors, 4 lived in Missouri, 6 in Ohio, 5 in Indiana, 3 in lllinois, 2 in Michigan, and 2 in New York.  The twelve original  congregations, which formed the Missouri Synod, included about 3,000 persons.  Dr. Walther was elected to serve as the first president of the new Synod. One hundred years later in 1947 the Synod officially changed its name to The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. The Synod has 10 colleges, two seminaries, 62 high schools and the nations largest Protestant elementary school system with 1,786 elementary schools and preschools.  Dr. Gerald Kieschnick currently serves as LCMS president.

Simply stated, The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod believes, teaches and confesses that in Christ alone is there salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, on the basis of Scripture alone.  To share this message with the world is the mission of the church and the reason for its existence.